Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Salsa Chicken

If there is one thing I love it is a simple go to meal that is still delicious and not terrible for you! Sometimes I feel like the quick ones are carb loaded and I do my best to eliminate the carbs and stick to my protein, fruits, and veggies at dinner time! I love sticking quick dinners into my meal plan for the week, it gives me extra play time with my son around dinner prep and not a lot of dishes! I have been making Salsa Chicken since I was pregnant and it is always a hit and its so simple! I believe the kind of Salsa you use has a huge factor, but just use your favorite and I am sure you will love it! I have tried using homemade and the consistency just is not the same, use the jarred stuff and you won't go wrong!


 Its a pretty simple line-up, 2-4 Chicken Breasts (depending on how many bodies you are feeding), Cheddar Cheese, Cream Cheese, salt & Pepper, & your favorite jar of Salsa.



Pre-heat your oven to 350.  Take about 1/3 of your salsa and spread it on on the bottom of your baking dish.



 After you have trimmed your Chicken Breasts of any Fat and beaten them down a little. I always beat my Chicken with a paddle, it makes it more tender:) Lay them on top of the Salsa and season with Kosher Salt and Fresh Black Pepper.


 If you are using 2 Chicken Breats I use 3 Ounces of Cream Cheese, if you have 4 I would use 5 ounces. Heat the Cream Cheese up in the micorwave to soften and spread on top of the Chicken with 1/2 cup of Freshly grated Cheddar Cheese (Freshly grated is always so much better then the bagged stuff, it is worth the extra time).



 Pour the remaining Salsa on top and Sprinkle a generous layer of Grated Cheddar on top(about 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup). 



Cover with Foil and Bake for 15 minutes, remove the cover and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes until the Chicken is cooked through, juicy, and tender!


This picture could be a lot better but at the time I took it I had a hungry 3 1/2 year old, hungry dogs, and a husband who just walked in the door. My photography skills will get better as time goes on;) But anyway I serve it up with some sauteed Kale and a small side of Qunioa Medley. Next time you have 30 minutes or less to get dinner in the oven, whip this delicious and juicy Chicken up!!

Salsa Chicken:
Ms. Marquets Kitchen

2-4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Jar of your favorite Salsa (if you are using 4 Chicken Breats I do recommend that you use 1 1/2 jars, I like a lot of extra salsa with mine, chunks of salsa and chicken together make it pretty delicious) 
3-5 ounces of Cream Cheese
1 heaping cup of Grated Cheddar Cheese
Salt & Pepper

Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
Spread 1/3 of your salsa in your baking dish.
Arrange your Chicken Breasts on top and Season with Salt & Pepper
Spread your soften Cream Cheese and 1/2 cup of Cheddar on top.
Pour the rest of your Salsa on top of Chicken & Cheese. Top with remaning Cheddar Cheese and cover with Foil.
Bake covered for 15 minutes and uncovered for 20-25 minuites.

Serve with your favorite sides!!

Enjoy!

Gillian Marquet

No comments:

Post a Comment