Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Peanut Butter M&M Rice Krispie Treats


I love to do fun things for my neighbors and for my Husbands office around the holidays, I also love to make it fun and easy for my 3 year to help with! He loves to help me make Rice Krispies treats and he loves to eat them. In high school one day I decided it would be a great idea to add these fun Easter Egg shaped M&M's to this classic treat, it was, they are one of my favorite ways to enjoy a Rice Krispie Treat! These are so simple, so fun, and such a cute Easter/ Spring idea to do with your kiddos and share some Easter fun with those around you!


I always seems to have extra marshmallows leftover in the bag, and when I go to use them next time they are no longer fresh, adding them in after the Rice Krispies gives them an extra fluffy factor that I love. I went to a friends house for a movie night and her dear friend did this with her treats and I have been hooked ever since, it was genius!!


Next add a bag full of these pretty Speckled Egg M&M's. You could chop them up if you wanted too but then the Peanut butter and chocolate gets messy and they do not look as pretty try to keep them whole!


I used some help from these plastic eggs to make the perfect Egg shaped Krispie Treat that will fit into any Egg Carton perfectly! I tried by hand and it did not work they were just too big and the egg carton would not close.


I just love the little pop of color and the surprise you will get when you bite into these fun treats! Easter is coming up fast and I am so excited! My daffodils are in full bloom and my tulips are right around the corner!!! My son and I have all the Easter books out and it has been so exciting really teaching him the true meaning of Easter(and him grasping it), but also the fun we get to have too(and him remembering last year) . We did an Easter Egg Hunt last year for all my nephews and I cant wait for it again this year! 


 I got this super cute printable from, Our Best Bites, my sister-in-law introduced me to this blog about 4 years ago and I have been hooked ever since. They are fabulous ladies with some great stuff! I had no idea that food blogging was even a thing, ever since I have been hooked and thinking of starting my own! They came to Seattle a few years back for a book signing and it was so fun to meet them! So, grab your kiddos and have them help you make these fun treats for friends, family, co-workers, or yourself!!




Peanut Butter M&M Rice Krispie Treats
Ms. Marquet's Kitchen

5 tablespoons salted butter
7 cups mini marshmallow
5 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1/2 bag of Peanut Butter M&M's

Line a 9 x 13 pan with parchment paper and set aside.

Melt butter in a heavy pot on the stove, stir in marshmallows till melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the Rice Krispies and extra marshmallows if you have any. Gently stir in the M&M's.

Pour into prepared pan and let set up or make some Egg shaped treats!

Cut, Enjoy and Share!

(I doubled the above recipe!)


1 comment:

  1. Such a cute idea! I will have to do this next year with Grace! She would love it :)

    ReplyDelete